Saturday, May 26, 2012

Consumer Reports on Refrigerators

When I'm working in the store, quite a few folks ask me to personally recommend an appliance or to tell them what Consumer Reports says. Regarding the first, I am always somewhat reluctant to endorse (or pan) one product/brand vs another ( although I DO have opinions) because of the element of subjectivity. I happen to like French Door units, but that's because I don't bend as well as I used to. Not real important to a 28 year old couple. Regarding the second, Consumer Reports is very protective of their brand and absolutely prohibits any commercial use of their name. This includes store signs or store employees referring to them in any way. I can tell people that I have a lot of respect for their ratings (although I don't agree with them 100%) but I can tell you how they rate a unit.

Since my blog is completely non-commercial, I don't have that restriction. They recently wrote an excellent article about refrigerators which will be of interest to those looking for high end features at reasonable prices. Some of the ratings info may only be available to subscribers (and why aren't you subscribing?) but there is plenty of useful information as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment